Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

9 weeks

9 weeks
It is official, Elizabeth is two months old!  She got her two month shots and was weighted.  She is 10 lbs 1 ounce!  Almost double her birth weight!  Everything else about her checked out good too.  She got her first three shots, and while she didn’t like them, she did great.  It was unpleasant for me too, but after watching her get blood drawn 5 times when she was only 5 lbs, it was actually pretty easy.

Grandpa & Elizabeth hanging out

I went back to work on Monday and Elizabeth got to stay home with Grandpa & Grandma Triebenbach.  It made it easier for me to go to work, but it was still very hard.  I was so happy to get home after what felt like two of the longest days of my life.  Elizabeth loves her Grandparents and has big smiles for them.  And she can’t wait to spend more time with her other Grandparents and show them how cute she is too!  My parents are great!  They did so many things around the house and outside while taking care of Elizabeth.  I’m so glad they were able to spend this time with Elizabeth and so grateful for all they have done.
Playing on the floor
Yes, Elizabeth is smiling.  It is the most beautiful thing Marc and I have seen.  I haven’t been able to catch a picture of it yet, but I keep trying.  She is making more noises too.  Sometimes she gets loud and startles herself.  If you had told me I would be enchanted by just a smile and some noises, I would have laughed at you.  Now it is all I want to see and hear.


Asleep in my crib

I think we have won the battle of getting Elizabeth to sleep in her crib.  We’re grateful to Shelly (SIL) for finding a positioner Elizabeth likes.  Hopefully I haven’t jinxed myself by writing this!



No comments:

Post a Comment