Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 8, 2012

Elizabeth is growing by leaps and bounds!  Last week Marc took her in for her 15 month checkup.  He doesn’t remember the exact numbers but she is around 28 ½ inches tall and about 28 pounds.  She has moved up a size in diapers so she is now in size 4.  The bigger diapers makes all of her 12 month pants not fit so we got out her 18 month clothes.  Apparently, I love to buy Elizabeth dresses because we are coming up short on pants.  I figure I can make her some leggings and she can wear the dresses.  If she is anything like I was, she will ripe tights every time she wears them.  I don’t know how my mom kept buying me tights.

Elizabeth isn’t walking alone yet.  She’ll walk between Marc and I and dives for a hug when she gets close.  It isn’t a habit I’m in a hurry to break because baby hugs are so darn sweet.  We’re pretty sure she could walk solo if she wanted to, but it doesn’t appear she does.

Elizabeth’s vocabulary is growing every day.  This morning she told me the cow says moo!  Until this morning she would only say baa for sheep.  She can also make the noise for an elephant although she can’t say elephant.  She says doggie, kitty, baa, moo, mommy and daddy, uh oh, owl and other things.  She has also started using sign language too.  She will sign "eat", "more" and "all done" when she wants to!

No comments:

Post a Comment